[Hudlug] NVenue - again!

Paul Brook paul at nowt.org
Tue Mar 29 17:07:29 BST 2005

On Saturday 19 March 2005 01:53, Andrew Beresford wrote:
> Hello again hudlug'ers,
>
> Our next meeting is just over two weeks away (4th April) and we have
> some possibilities for short presentations.

It's now 6 days away. In the absence of any strong feedback lets make some
decisions.

> Paul has offered to give a brief talk about QEmu
> (http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/qemu/) or upcoming features in GCC 4.0
> (http://gcc.gnu.org/).

I'll give a short talk on Qemu. I don't expect it to be anything particularly
heavy, just 10 minutes with a few slides/demonstrations.
I'm hoping people will ask questions, and maybe get a bit of discussion going.
I'll be disappointed if there aren't any hecklers ;-)

> I have offered to give a presentation on using Voice over IP with
> Asterisk (http://www.asterisk.org/) or a presentation on Netfilters and
> Shorewall (http://www.shorewall.org/).

Sounds good.

> If anyone else wants to talk about something, please say so!

Seconded. Maybe I'll start a wiki page so that people can (a) suggest things
they'd like to hear about, and (b) volunteer to talk about things.
Attendance has been particularly poor recently, so I'm hoping a bit of
direction will encourage people to attend. Your LUG needs you!

> The other thing is Venue. So far we have two suggestions,
> CoffeeEvolution and Vox Bar, both on Wood St, just down from the train
> station. If you have a preference for either of these, would prefer
> somewhere else, or don't mind either way, please say so.

Vox Bar sounds as good as anything, so I say we go for that. We can always go
somewhere else next month if it isn't to our collective liking.

> There's more info about both venues at
> http://grimstick.beezly.org.uk/www.hud.lug.org.uk/index.php/Venue

I'm currently in the process of updating the wiki to reflect the contents of
this email.

Paul