[Hudlug] bhclug

Chris Brown snecklifter at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 23:37:55 GMT 2006

Folks,

Apologies in advance to those who may feel slightly put-off that this
email has nothing to do with HudLUG.

Further to tonight's discussion at WYLUG I am looking at setting up
the website for The Birstall and Howden Clough Linux User Group. Yes,
I do have plenty of hosting however as I have not attended one meeting
of said group yet I dont think the ownership of their website should
rest with me as I have a healthy male fear of commitment and am
unwilling to dive headlong into a project without the knowledge that
others are there to contribute to it.

Therefore in my application to lug.org.uk I will ask for full support
as they offer web hosting, mailing list services etc - in short all
the facilities offered to HudLUG at the moment. I would recommend this
as the best path because as I advised some of you during the meet I
travel about a bit and may not be able to readily attend and fix
problems should they occur. Some members would have access to the
Joomla CMS as well as ssh and other niceties and could therefore sort
stuff out should it occur. Anyway, it appears bhclug.org.uk is
available and this appears to be a nice snappy domain. Input both
required and requested. If HudLUG folks can offer advice to the bhclug
folks on running the lug services I'm sure it would be appreciated as
well.

Regards
Chris