[Hudlug] got edgy working as live of sorts

MICHAEL WEAVER michaelweaver1 at btinternet.com
Tue Nov 21 06:57:31 GMT 2006

I have managed to get Edgy running on my desktop as Live of sorts.
I have got it talking thanks to someone's suggestion a while ago from a
new CD I have burned of the Edgy desktop CD by doing ALT F2 after Ubuntu
is running in Live and typing Orca so my previous disk may not have been
faulty and it may have been something to do with the accessability in
the boot screen.
Problem at the moment is that Orca setup asks for certain options about
keys so I have had to email the Orca list to get advice on it as it asks
about action keys, modyfier keys and function keys and I am not sure if
any of these are a "y" or "n" and I haven't been able to explore Edgy as
I don't seem to be getting speech once I leave the Setup plus as I am
running it Live I have to go through the setup each time but getting
speech is some progress.