[Hudlug] Activity?

Paul Brook paul at codesourcery.com
Mon Jan 25 13:35:03 UTC 2010

On Monday 18 January 2010, Simon Wears wrote:
> I've been on this list a good year now, and there's been very little
> activity overall - maybe 1 thread a month. Also, there seems to be no LUG
> meetings, and checking (what I can only assume is the 'official' website)
> http://www.hudlug.org.uk/ it seems as though there hasn't been any activity
> since 2006/2007, which I think is a pretty big shame.
>
> I was just curious to if there was any want for getting the LUG going, if
>  it isn't still. Since I came to Manchester for university, I've got more
>  into the Linux (& Ubuntu) community, and it would be great if that could
>  continue back in Huddersfield too.

I think many people (including myself) have moved out of the are, and there
are only a couple of the past regulars left.  This effectively means you'd be
starting from scratch, and I wouldn't rely on this list reaching your target
audience.

That said, you're welcome to try, and there may be hordes of potential members
that I don't know about.  I'm happy to provide access to the wiki/mailing
list.

Paul