[Hudlug] Hudds Linux user group

michael weaver weavermicha at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 3 17:00:47 UTC 2010

hi all!
in regardds to your comment chris i didn't know how to do an
accessible upgrade from one version of ubuntu to another via
network manager.
i am not sure if i still do because i get to a point where orca
gets garbled but despite the garbled speech and having to force
pcs to shutdown with the power switch after the drive has stopped
churning around, upgrade does seem to work.
i just have to be confident that an on-line upgrade has taken.
i know some people i have spoken to who are blind on some of the
linux accessibility lists do a fresh install of ubuntu when a new
version is out.

i have found that when in update-manager, if i do a check for
upgrades with the button, maybe have typed a password or closed
the window and had access to the screen where i enter my
password, i can then see all the stuff that is difficult to see
because of the sudo problem ie the settings dialogue in the
up-date manager so then i can check what my upgrades are set to
in that particular dialogue box.
as long as i have entered my password to get via the sudo bug i
can then see the bits i have problems accessing as a totally
blind user.

<hudlug at mailman.lug.org.uk
>Date sent: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 09:41:30 +0000
>Subject: Re: [Hudlug] Hudds Linux user group

>On 2 November 2010 14:45, Tim Schofield <tim at weberpafrica.com>
wrote:
>> I'd be happy to help to start it up again, I have some
experience of

hudlug-owner at mailman.lug.org.uk