[Hudlug] the i-phone and rhythmbox

michael weaver weavermicha at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 22 19:40:43 UTC 2010

i have just recently bought the i-phone which i got the voiceover
screenreader enabled in the vodafone store.
when i have it attached to my pc, running ubuntu i get a spoken
message from orca saying my device is an uninitialised or corrupt
i-pod.
do i need to initialise it in order to be able to transfer music
from cds as strictly speaking the i-phone is a phone and not just
an i-pod or do i need to initialise it with it having an i-pod
menu?
the message i got also said something about losing music data if
i do an initialise.