[Infopoint] Next Manchester Infopoint

Paul Waring paul at rixort.com
Sun Jul 18 18:27:09 BST 2004

The next Manchester Infopoint is in a weeks time, so I thought I'd
get the ball rolling on what's (hopefully) happening...

First off, I have the latest ISOs for Knoppix 3.4 on hand, and will have
about 20 CDs pre-burnt and labelled ready for distribution, plus I will
bring the rest of the stack and wallets in case we need to do some on
the spot. I will hopefully also be able to bring one of my laptops again
with Linux installed (possibly my main one to show people that it is
indeed possible to run Windows/Linux side by side).

Last time, I don't think we really had enough colour on the stall -
people couldn't see from a distance what we were actually there for.
Some posters would be nice, but unfortunately I'm not that good when it
comes to designing them so if anyone else wants to chip in that would be
great.

A simple sheet describing what Linux is and dispelling some of the
common myths would be useful as well, so that people can take it away
with them and learn something. Stuff like "will Linux work with
Windows?" could be covered.

Any other ideas?

Paul

P.S. I will bring a 6 socket surge-protected extension lead to plug any
equipment into. I will also bring some snacks if I can fit them into my
bag, although there's not that much room once I have all my computer
gear and I can only carry so much stuff. :)