[Infopoint] The Open CD?

Jono Bacon jono at jonobacon.org
Tue Jun 15 09:35:53 BST 2004

Hi,

> My first thought was go for it, but then I thought of the practicalities
> it probably means giving away at least double the cd's with about only the
> same results.  Maybe later when we get a few corporate sponsors but at the
> moment it will be a drain on everyone involved.
>
> Perhaps we should just burn a few rather than a lot.  Some people will
> just hum and arrh with no intention of using the cd's and these guys will
> take both leaving (potentially) two people without either cd.
>
> sparkes - who still hasn't burnt any cd's but will for the next local one

I think its a great idea too, but I share some sparkes' concerns. Then
again, we face that risk with any CD's. My personal experience of doing
two Infopoints is that you *never* have enough CD's and we need to burn
as many as possible.

I think we really should offer the Open CD and express that it can be
the first step in moving over. Good stuff. :)

	Jono

--
Jono Bacon - http://www.jonobacon.org/
Writer / Journalist / Consultant / Developer