[Infopoint] Infopoint website...

Schwuk schwuk at schwuk.com
Wed May 26 19:45:42 BST 2004

Jono Bacon wrote:
> No offence. :)

Note to self: must try harder... :)

> This has been discussed before between Matt and I. The reason I am
> keeping the site as it is is because it would simply take too much time
> to develop a new site, and I am reluctant to run down the route of
> jumping in with branding and a big PR message. This is because I think
> it is better for us to acheive something first, and then do the big
> official site. I have written about this in my latest article. See
> http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/wlg/4909 to get an idea of where I am
> coming from.

Fair enough, and I agree wholeheartedly with your O'Reilly article. I
just thought it would be be a useful resource to point potential
converts at, even if it is just a bucnh of links to other places.

> I am certainly not averse to a big official site, but I think we need to
> gain some momentum first.

True. On which, I'll say that the main topic at the next Cumbria LUG
meeting is getting our own Infopoint up and running.

Cheers,
--
Schwuk - http://www.schwuk.com
Cumbria LUG - http://www.cumbria.lug.org.uk