[Infopoint] Infopoints

Katherine Goodwin kat at codepoets.co.uk
Wed Oct 13 19:52:53 BST 2004

<snip>
  I have
> figured that to properly run the Infopoint project, we really need to
> club together to think of a good system for (a) figuring out who wants
> an Infopoint and when (b) notifying the event runners and (c) promoting
> the concept of infopoints and creating a site for them to run on.
>

> I am thinking that it would be good for us to set a specific date for
> Infopoint requests to be made by, and then maybe provide a list of
> events on a Wiki or something. This way we can work together to push and
> promote the Infopoint project. It would also be handy if on the wiki,
> different groups could have their own pages to write stories and
> possibly blogs about how they are Infopointing.

I think we definitely need a collaborative site to be able to add
information.  This would mean that we wouldn't have to rely on a single
person to collate information any anyone could add usefull additions to
stuff that some of us have already done.

It would be helpful to know how you (Jono) contact the people at the
computer fairs - But I do think its a good idea to have other people
able to book infopoints, and to make sure they are planned a reasonable
time in advance.

On that note, We'd like to volunteer for:
Wolverhampton - Sun 24 October
Birmingham - Sun 28 November

Kat