[Infopoint] Infopoints

Jono Bacon jono at jonobacon.org
Fri Oct 15 00:31:17 BST 2004

Katherine Goodwin wrote:

> <snip>
>  I have
>
>> figured that to properly run the Infopoint project, we really need to
>> club together to think of a good system for (a) figuring out who
>> wants an Infopoint and when (b) notifying the event runners and (c)
>> promoting the concept of infopoints and creating a site for them to
>> run on.
>>

>> I am thinking that it would be good for us to set a specific date for
>> Infopoint requests to be made by, and then maybe provide a list of
>> events on a Wiki or something. This way we can work together to push
>> and promote the Infopoint project. It would also be handy if on the
>> wiki, different groups could have their own pages to write stories
>> and possibly blogs about how they are Infopointing.
>>

> I think we definitely need a collaborative site to be able to add
> information.  This would mean that we wouldn't have to rely on a
> single person to collate information any anyone could add usefull
> additions to stuff that some of us have already done.
>
> It would be helpful to know how you (Jono) contact the people at the
> computer fairs - But I do think its a good idea to have other people
> able to book infopoints, and to make sure they are planned a
> reasonable time in advance.
>
> On that note, We'd like to volunteer for:
> Wolverhampton - Sun 24 October
> Birmingham - Sun 28 November

So, would everyone be in favour of a general Infopoint Wiki? Would
people be interested in actually adding content to the Wiki, or would it
die like most other Wiki's?

As for contacting the computer fair organisers, this could certainly be
outsourced if needed. I think we need to discuss the best ways to manage
the project and help develop resources for people to use when running
Infopoints.

Cheers,

    Jono

--
Jono Bacon - http://www.jonobacon.org/
Writer / Journalist / Consultant / Developer