[Infopoint] Linux vs. FOSS

sparkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Sun Oct 17 12:02:59 BST 2004

Russ Phillips wrote:

> I would have thought that a small fee would help to ensure that only
> people with *some* interest would take CDs. People will take anything if
> it's free, but most people won't pay for something they know they won't
> use, even if it's just 25p.

I've got to agree with Russ on this one (hey Russ how's the good lady
wife?) it's a perception of value thing.  If you give something to
someone they perceive it at valueless because they paid nothing for it.

It's not the way free software works but it's the way the western
mindset works.

I seem to remember the aggrement with the fairs was that we didn't
*sell* anything but I seem to remember we could cover costs so while
attaching a token value to a cd isn't recovering costs it does go a long
way to increasing it's value in the eyes of the punter.

> Russ

sparkes

--
t:07005 968 999 f:07005 968 888