[Infopoint] Hampshire LUG

Tony Whitmore tonywhitmore at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Oct 27 18:30:46 BST 2004

Jono Bacon wrote:

> It is recommended to do one and see how you get on. One tip is to ensure
> you have a good few of you there so one person is not stuck on the stand
> for the entire fair. It is best for someone to do a shift of a few hours
> and have the flexibility to wander around. I would recommend at least
> three people for an Infopoint and more if possible.

It looks like we'll have that at least. We're using our wiki to
co-ordinate the results of discussions on the mailing list. If anyone is
interested, you can look here:
http://www.hantslug.org.uk/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?InfoPoints

The more people the
> more fun it is anyway!!

Absolutely - I'm quite looking forward to it! It's been a few years
since I've been to a computer fair - I used to frequent ones in
Lancaster. I just hope that I don't get side-tracked, spend loads of
cash and end up getting told off when I get home! ;)

I assume that you'll give us some sort of confirmation when the booking
is confirmed and details of a contact at the fair?

Tony