[Infopoint] Hampshire LUG

Jono Bacon jono at jonobacon.org
Wed Oct 27 19:05:32 BST 2004

Hi,

> It looks like we'll have that at least. We're using our wiki to
> co-ordinate the results of discussions on the mailing list. If anyone
> is interested, you can look here:
> http://www.hantslug.org.uk/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?InfoPoints

Great. :)

> Absolutely - I'm quite looking forward to it! It's been a few years
> since I've been to a computer fair - I used to frequent ones in
> Lancaster. I just hope that I don't get side-tracked, spend loads of
> cash and end up getting told off when I get home! ;)

It is good fun. It is always good to go prepared - take plenty of CDs
and preferably take some printouts with your LUG address and mailing
list details. People like to have a means to get help. Also, some live
demo machines are always good, but do install software the average user
is likely to use such as KDE/GNOME, OpenOffice.org, Mozilla etc. It is
not a good idea to woo people with really niche software and window
managers - if they express an interest in that software's area, go
ahead, but generally aim for a wide and general audience. These people
want office suites, some games, web browsing, email, paint programs etc.

> I assume that you'll give us some sort of confirmation when the
> booking is confirmed and details of a contact at the fair?

I will confirm all dates on Nov 2nd when I call the organisers. :)

    Jono

--
Jono Bacon - http://www.jonobacon.org/
Writer / Journalist / Consultant / Developer