[Infopoint] InfoPoints at LUG Radio Live

Steve Parkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Wed Apr 27 09:04:25 BST 2005

On 27 Apr 2005, at 07:55, David Goodwin wrote:

> Tony Whitmore wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I heard Stuart mention the presence of "the InfoPoint project" at LUG
>> Radio Live in June. What form is this going to take? Is it just going
>> to be an InfoPoint as done by one particular region, or perhaps
>> something organised between the various teams?
>
> I think Katherine and myself will be doing it, but we'd obviously
> welcome help and input. If it follows the other ones we've done
> before, we'll have cds, leaflets with some contact details on and a
> couple of demo machines.

Don't you think this will be preaching to the converted (or perverted
knowing the lugradio fans ;-) ) as the vast majority will be aware of
free and open source software already.

It might be better to attempt to get a few of the visitors interested
in running infopoints closer to their homes rather than try to educate
them and supply them with ubuntu cd's

> David.

sparkes

--