[Infopoint] Infopoint Wiki

Alan Pope alan.pope at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 17:24:26 BST 2005

On 15/06/05, Nathan Meir <nathanmeir at nathanmeir.karoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Could I just echo this request, people at my LUG actually laugh at when I
> mention adding content to the Wiki as it usually gets over written with porn
> spam in a matter of hours!

So fix your wiki then?

> I fail to see how we could stop this spam from happening without having
> logins/passwords or at the very least just have one password that everyone
> knows.

Just because you fail to see how we can stop the spam doesn't mean we
can't stop the spam.

Members of the HantsLUG wiki have spent some considerable effort in
creating patches for the usemod wiki which has *dramatically* reduced
the effect of the spammers. The patch details are available at the
website [1]. You can see for yourself from the recent changes page [2]
the effect of these fixes.

Cheers,
Al.

[1] http://hants.lug.org.uk/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?AntiSpam