[Infopoint] Bracknell BCF event etc

Tony Whitmore tony at tonywhitmore.co.uk
Mon Nov 28 12:11:01 GMT 2005

On Mon, Nov 28, 2005 at 06:32:00AM +0000, alan c wrote:
> > There are a
> > lot of regulars at computer fairs and they won't all take away a CD
> > everytime they visit.
>
> How many CDs and of what, do you expect to move at a busy event?

I have precise figures and a neat graph I will make available for you this
evening, but we sold about 12 CD sets at the last InfoPoint, and had about £8
surpluss after paying the table fee. This £8 goes towards making the CDs.

It took about 4 InfoPoints before we'd refunded the set up costs for our
initial InfoPoint - making CDs, signs etc. Everything is documented and after
a year of doing InfoPoints we have about £30 in the kitty. This will be used
up when we do a new run of CDs - we are running out of our current stock.

But as I say, I'd rather not sell any and talk to half a dozen genuinely
interested people.

> Yes, in fact the CD price may be a distraction, giving/seling CDs it is
> not my real aim.

Sure, if you're generous enough and are prepared to be out of pocket, then by
all means do so.

Cheers,

Tony