[Infopoint] problems receiving email on (other) account here(?)

alan cocks infopoint at candt.co.uk
Mon Oct 3 18:47:03 BST 2005

I seem to be getting problems receiving mail from (at least) this list
via my demon.co.uk account, although test mails there work fine.
This is even after I have turned off any demon spam filtering. My own
test mails via that account, and from demon support all get through.

To get a functional membership of this list I eventually used a pop3
facility on another account I have, and it works well :-) and I am using
the functional one for this message.......

To further troubleshoot the membership here through the disfunctional
pop account (ie disfunctional membership) I unsubscribed the
disfunctional one via the web, and soon after that, I re-subscribed with
a different address, again with the apparently disfunctional demon.co.uk
pop account. That was this morning. After 6 hours or more, I have not
yet recieved a verification request from the list - this would have been
sent to the supposed disfunctional demon.co.uk opo account.

just now, I again (!) subscribed a second address for the functional pop
account, and after some minutes I recieved a verification request, and I
verified voia the web ok, and sucessfully requested and received a
password reminder to the new test functional account ok.

I am left with the very strange situation that I know mail is attempted,
or being sent to, the
aectest at candt.demon.co.uk
account, but I do not appear to be collecting it, or maybe seeing it,
and this is a mystery to me and is a concern. (there is some evidence
that some other mail has had difficulty getting to me also, but I cannot
repeat it.)
(a few private test emails to this address, from your good selves would
be quite useful  here please.......)

Because the demon spam filter is off and my local thunderbird spam
filter is also off, the apparent fact that list mail is not getting
through is a deeper mystery.

I would be grateful for your patience and any helpful comments you may
offer - If the demon isp mail account has a problem that I can identify
I will firstly follow it up to them and subsequently leave them for
another vendor in time, but I am not really sure where the problem is yet.
--
alan cocks