[Infopoint] new member - Bracknell Berkshire

Tony Whitmore tony at tonywhitmore.co.uk
Tue Sep 20 21:00:05 BST 2005

Katherine Goodwin wrote:
> Tony Whitmore wrote:
>> I've not seen any mention of Kat taking over the BCF bookings before
>> now though. Are we to take it that's the case?
>

> I haven't spoken to anyone at BCF, and would rather not just ring them
> up out of the blue, especially as there aren't (AFAIK) any BCF fairs
> near us.  Does anyone currently do / plan to do a BCF fair?  If so, do
> we have a volunteer for the post of BCF coordinator?

Surely it's not "out of the blue" as Jono had the original agreement in
place for BCF events? They were one of the two fair organisers who
agreed to donate tables, IIRC.

If you're not the official InfoPoint contact for BCF Kat, then I guess
Jono still is. The original scheme (and AFAIK the agreement with fair
organisers) relied on Jono co-ordinating things centrally to ensure that
the tables were donated to legitimate InfoPoints. If Jono can't
co-ordinate the BCF events any more, then we could do with, as you
suggest, appointing a proper contact. We would also need all the contact
and other information Jono has from BCF to ensure we have the best
chance of picking up the baton.

We in Hampshire may well end up doing BCF events from next month, and
Alan Cocks looks keen to start something in Bracknell too, so it would
be worth clearing this up. Should we be unable to secure free or
cut-price tables, I think we would stop doing InfoPoints. The charge of
£35 for a single table is simply too much, especially as we usually use
two tables at our current fairs.

Tony