[Infopoint] The state of the (Infopoint)?

alan c aeclist at candt.waitrose.com
Fri Apr 20 20:33:13 BST 2007

David Goodwin wrote:
>  > To be honest, I haven't had
>> much time to put into InfoPoints as advocacy isn't that important to many
>> people within the LUG and they were beginning to seem a bit of a thankless
>> task.
>

> I'll send that; it's not much fun standing around all day at a computer
> fair, and I'm not convinced it's the best location for linux advocacy...
> although I've no great suggestions for better places.

I am always hoarse in throat and sore too, after a typical day. I
suppose an average of 20 CDs go. Mostly it is ongoing linux newbie
social and also very initial users - not touched linux before. I think
computer fairs are absolutely the right location. Wider public
awareness would be on street activities . Am working on this.

I do accept that infopoint activity is certainly not for everyone. I
happen to really like it.

--
alan cocks
Kubuntu user#10391