[Klug-general] RAID OF DEATH!!!

gaukrogi at schaf.plus.com gaukrogi at schaf.plus.com
Thu Dec 2 13:38:13 GMT 2004

>Please, anyone with some raid knowledge must be able to help!!!

No raid knowledge I'm afraid, can only just afford one disk let alone more than one.

>I was testing my raid array, raid5 8x250Gb maxtor disks. all SATA, i
>used raidsetfaulty /dev/mn0 /dev/sdd now that disk doesn't work at
>all!!!!
>
>Does raidsetfaulty do something to the disk? Any help much appreciated.

Do any of the following help?  (a quick googlrusal on 'raidsetfaulty')

http://www.it.uc3m.es/ptb/fr5/
http://lists.debian.org/debian-isp/2003/01/msg00199.html
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Software-RAID-HOWTO-6.html

They only seem to cope with the normal run of affairs though.  Have you tried googling for
the log message that you get when you put the disk back in the array?

Hope you get it sorted, are you 'klug'ing it tonight?

ttfn

Rofi