[Klug-general] Slow FTP in SuSE9.0

Kevin Groves kevin.groves at kentpharm.co.uk
Fri Dec 3 12:48:48 GMT 2004

Right....

Stuart Buckland wrote:

>Where are the client and server in relation to each other, would there
>be a router between them by any chance?

AS400 as server to Intel running SuSE9.0 and the working ones simliar
boxes running 8.0. All on on same switch.

Both Intels running lukeftp with version 1.5-480 on 9.0 and 1.5-221 on
the old box. Have tried other ftp clients on the affected box but all
suffer from same problem so it's definatly tied to this box.

Tried ftp *between* 9.0 and 8.0 machines and they are ok. This lead me
to think it was an AS400 issue (although the 9.0 machine replaces a
preivous 8.0 which worked) but nothing changed on the AS400 and checking
that out was fine.

>Also, which kernel are your 8.0 and 9.0 boxes running?

On 9.0 is 2.4.21 and on 8.0 is 2.4.18

So strange....

Kev,

--
The Information contained in this email is confidential and intended for the
use of the addressee only.  Unauthorised disclosure, copying, distribution