[Klug-general] Slow FTP in SuSE9.0

Kevin Groves kgroves at ksoft-creative-projects.co.uk
Fri Dec 3 19:30:24 GMT 2004

Wayne wrote:

> Have you tried testing the speeds on the same file set on both set-ups?
> The reason I ask is because I found the transfer rate drops
> dramatically when transferring many small files as opposed to less
> files of a larger nature.

Yes one file from the same source totalling 50mb. On the 9.0 box takes
22min and on any of the 8.0 boxes 8min. OK 8min is high but that's the
AS400 problems and load. But there shouldnt be this amount if difference
between the 8.0 and 9.0 machine. From the google pages I'm seen it's
probable that the driver is at fault. I've never used this one before so
I cant compare it to anything. I'm still going to drop a Netgear in when
I can and try that.

Kev,