[Klug-general] Distro Wars

George Prowse cokehabit2003 at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Dec 18 12:21:02 GMT 2004

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 00:28:24 +0000
Athon Solo <athon at athon.me.uk> wrote:

> i686_64 is completely different. To run programs compiled for i686_64
> you'll need a 64-bit processor such as the AMD Athlon 64

But if you have a 64-bit architecture you can run in 32-bit mode so you can use some programs that haven't made 64-bit versions :)

When you get Mandrake up and running and you have some problems with printing or anything, come back to us because cups problems, although sometimes tricky, are usually simple. Once you have sorted a few out you can sort most out.

George