[Klug-general] Book for total newbie?

Laurence Southon laurence at southon.uk.net
Sat Dec 18 20:53:21 GMT 2004

Chris Wigzell wrote:
> Hi!
> I am Chris Wigzell, a retired person.  I am mainly a lurker on this
> newsgroup, and have not yet managed to get Linux running fully on my
> computer. I have SuSe 9.1 (a free DVD), but need to install a driver for
> my modem.  I have the driver, but have failed to work out how to install
> it.  Can anyone recommend a small, simple (and cheap, I am a pensioner)
> book that will help me to do the kind of things you lot seem to be able
> to do without any effort at all?
> I will try to come to the next meeting (Where is it? Maidstone?) and
> bring my computer, but I would prefer to learn how to do things myself.
> Regards,
> Chris

Chris,

I mainly lurk here too!

I can't recommend a book, but I can recommend Google as a way of solving
most problems with Linux. There is an absolute wealth of information out
there. The trick is how to find exactly what you want amongst the many
hits you will get.

Keep trying slightly different search strings, and sooner or later you
will hit gold!

Good luck.

Laurence Southon