[Klug-general] j2re and OOo 1.1.4

Michael E. Rentell michael.rentell at ntlworld.com
Mon Apr 4 11:02:33 BST 2005

Good morning all,

I rather like OOo (I have ver 1.1.4 installed under Mandrake 10.1) and I
want to use it for compiling data reports. It connects nicely to MySQL
tables now thanks to your previous advice but when I click on the OOo
autopilot for reports it demands a java runtime environment.

So I have carefully downloaded and installed j2re1.4.2_08 and installed
it. I've checked and it is all in /usr/java/j2re1.4.2_08 with all the
obvious subdirectories.

To prove that it works I've used its plugins for Mozilla and can now see
some jazzy websites which were previously not available.

But when I try to run the reports autopilot in OOo it still says a jre
needs to be installed and whatever I try and do in that window, i.e. try
and install a path with the 'browse' facility none of it seems to work.

Clearly I'm doing something stupid again, so I would appreciate knowing
if anyone else has cracked this one.

Your advice is always spot on and valuable.

Anyone any ideas to help?

Mike Rentell in Folkestone.