[Klug-general] Making live cds with mklivecd script

Kevin Groves kgroves at ksoft-creative-projects.co.uk
Thu Aug 18 21:37:42 BST 2005

frank attwood wrote:

> Hi all
> Does anyone have any experience of making live cds using the mklivecd
> scripts?
>
> I've been trying to make live cd using a stripped down version of
> Mandriva 2005le like the excellent Harleem and Brugge distributions
> available at http://home.tiscali.nl/berenstraat/
>
> The CD builds no problem but when i boot form it it hangs at 'unable
> to mount loop filesystem dropping to you to a limited shell'
>
> Does anyone know how to solve this problem? I've been trawling the web
> but without much luck.

I'm almost in the same area but not quite. I'm playing with buildroot
and a  few other very basic ones as I need as  small a system as
possible. I want to avoid an installed  system if possible. Have you
checked out LFS? That might give some ideas  as most seem  to  use a
simliar method to mount the file system that way.

Kev,