[Klug-general] Loss of Internet link

frank attwood frank_attwood at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 23 13:58:38 BST 2005

have you tried going into the control center, deleting the network
interface, reboot the machine and then go back into the control centre and
going through the setup a new network interface wizard?

dan

<BLOCKQUOTE style='PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #A0C6E5
2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px'><font
style='FONT-SIZE:11px;FONT-FAMILY:tahoma,sans-serif'><hr color=#A0C6E5
size=1>
From:  <i>Michael Rentell
Linux User Group - General Topics
question but I have a small problem <br>&gt;and I wondered if someone could
give me a steer.<br>&gt;I have Mandrake 10.1 with KDE and Gnome GUIs
available and it all <br>&gt;works very well. Until recently the KDE
start-up connected my <br>&gt;broadband connection to the Internet and
worked fine.<br>&gt;Then I thought I would switch to Gnome out of interest.
Did that - <br>&gt;no problems. However, now that I've gone back to KDE my
GUI system <br>&gt;starts but the Internet is not connected.<br>&gt;It is
only a 2 minute task to click <br>&gt;system/configure/(password)/Networks
and start the USBNet driver for <br>&gt;my Ambit cable modem (I'm with
NTL-but you'd guessed that from my <br>&gt;email address hadn't you?) but I
would like to avoid that if <br>&gt;possible.<br>&gt;I am sure there must be
a text configuration file somewhere I can <br>&gt;edit as Root to put it all
back to as it was before I fiddled with <br>&gt;Gnome.<br>&gt;If anyone has
a suggestion or two, that would be very welcome.<br>&gt;Thanks for your
attention.<br>&gt;Mike Rentell in
mailing