[Klug-general] Loss of Internet link

Michael Rentell michael.rentell at ntlworld.com
Mon Aug 22 11:12:27 BST 2005

Good day all,
This is, no doubt, an elementary question but I have a small problem and
I wondered if someone could give me a steer.
I have Mandrake 10.1 with KDE and Gnome GUIs available and it all works
very well. Until recently the KDE start-up connected my broadband
connection to the Internet and worked fine.
Then I thought I would switch to Gnome out of interest. Did that - no
problems. However, now that I've gone back to KDE my GUI system starts
but the Internet is not connected.
It is only a 2 minute task to click system/configure/(password)/Networks
and start the USBNet driver for my Ambit cable modem (I'm with NTL-but
you'd guessed that from my email address hadn't you?) but I would like
to avoid that if possible.
I am sure there must be a text configuration file somewhere I can edit
as Root to put it all back to as it was before I fiddled with Gnome.
If anyone has a suggestion or two, that would be very welcome.
Thanks for your attention.
Mike Rentell in Folkestone.