[Klug-general] Loss of Internet link

frank attwood frank_attwood at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 23 22:20:35 BST 2005

The problem with the html emails isn't you it's me. Or rather it's hotmail
that still clings to me like an albatross does to an unfortunate seaman.

I have two more easy suggestions although you probably won't like either of
them.
You could try creating a new user, such as 'mike2'. This could well sort out
the problem but Mike2 won't have the same settings as Mike1 or course so
it'll be time to do battle with the KDE configuration centre again and sudo
into Konqueror so that you can get you're Mike1 files back again.

The second option is to download the latest Mandriva 2005 LE (or wait a few
months and get 2006) and perform an upgrade or (gasp) a reinstall and hope
that sorts your problem out. Although be warned here that in my experience
an upgrade or reinstall on Mandriva normally renders it impossible to log on
as Mike1 and you're back to using Mike2.