[Klug-general] Clock problems

Karl Lattimer karl at nncc.info
Sat Feb 12 12:13:02 GMT 2005

Hi,
  If anyone can give me a sane solution that works I'll be grateful, my
clock drifts, by about an hour every 3 days. always running slow. I've
just had a tinker and I've got this...

[root at downtime root]# hwclock
Sat 12 Feb 2005 07:56:18 GMT  -0.876199 seconds
[root at downtime root]# date
Sat Feb 12 11:26:06 GMT 2005
[root at downtime root]# /etc/init.d/ntpd restart
Shutting down ntpd:                                        [  OK  ]
ntpd: Synchronizing with time server:                      [  OK  ]
Starting ntpd:                                             [  OK  ]
[root at downtime root]# date
Sat Feb 12 12:07:08 GMT 2005
[root at downtime root]# hwclock --adjust
[root at downtime root]# hwclock
Sat 12 Feb 2005 06:40:21 GMT  -0.634776 seconds

Its a gigabyte motherboard and a 2.4Ghz p4 HT, I've got HPET,smp,ht on
in the kernel and would like to resolve this without rebooting if
possible.

Thanks
Karl,