[Klug-general] Re:Setting up modem

Chris Wigzell chris at wigzells.ndo.co.uk
Wed Feb 16 19:07:00 GMT 2005

Evening All!
I am grateful for the help towards getting my modem to work at the
January meeting, but I was abroad when the next one came and I am still
modemless.
Back at home, following the install instructions I got to 'make clean'.
  That was OK.
Then when I tell it to  'make 536', as the install instructions say, I
get 'autoconf.h does not exist.'
Well 'autoconf.h' is not on the HD in the installed files, so I imagine
its something I can get from the distribution Dvd.  But, there are only
gzipped files and other incomprehensible stuff there.
So, help! Please!

By the way, does anyone have knowledge of the 'Onspeed' internet
accelerator for dial-up, and will it work with Mozilla in Linux or
Windows?  I know you all have broadband, but when abroad I cant get
broadband, and I am not there long enough for it to be worthwhile.

Thanks
Chris Wigzell