[Klug-general] Why no USB

Peter peter at sheppey.free-online.co.uk
Fri Feb 18 14:34:30 GMT 2005

Following problems with a modem I had to re-install Fedora Core 3 on a
friends computer.

It all went smoothly and all the latest updates have been installed.
Now, a couple weeks on we discover that it wont recognise his digital
camera.

It's not a hardware problem because it works perfectly on the Windows
side of his machine and my FC3 recognises it without problems. Similarly
a card reader which works on the Windows side doesn't even get switched
on - LED not illuminated.

Can someone tell me how to test and possibly enable  USB please?

Regards, Peter.