[Klug-general] [Fwd: Re: Linux]

Peter peter at sheppey.free-online.co.uk
Mon Jan 24 18:56:56 GMT 2005

I had a similar problem with Fedora Core 3. I had three seconds to press
a key before Windows loaded. The problem was an extra line in
/boot/grub/grub.conf. Copy below.

I deleted the offending line and can't remember what it says but it's
located where I put the smiley :-) .

# grub.conf generated by anaconda
#
# NOTICE:  You have a /boot partition.  This means that
#          all kernel and initrd paths are relative to /boot/, eg.
#          root (hd0,5)
#          kernel /vmlinuz-version ro root=/dev/hda7
#          initrd /initrd-version.img
#boot=/dev/hda
default=0
timeout=20
splashimage=(hd0,5)/grub/splash.xpm.gz
(#) :-)
title Fedora Core (2.6.10-1.741_FC3)
    root (hd0,5)
    kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.10-1.741_FC3 ro root=LABEL=/  rhgb
    initrd /initrd-2.6.10-1.741_FC3.img
title Windows 98
    rootnoverify (hd0,0)
    chainloader +1