[Klug-general] USB Phone

Graham gct3 at f2s.com
Fri Jul 15 15:20:23 BST 2005

I have recently been loaned a USB phone; the make of this device is said
to be Yamamoto.  I am trying to use it with Libranet 2.8.1 (with kernel
2.4.12)

The phone is recognised by hotplug through my USB hub, the small green
LED in the corner goes on and the screen comes up with "VoIP Phone".
The documentation is all on disk as an html file and (of course -
wouldn't you just know it?) the instructions refer to the Windows set
up - even through Skype.  However, this is as it ought to be and the
document indicates that now its just a matter of setting the sound and
the microphone coming through the USB Device.  There is Windows
software for the phone which I have run under Wine but it does not
refer to anything but the "Windows Registry".

So - the phone is recognised but I can't find as what and to which
device its mapped.  Output of lsusb gives this:

Bus 004 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 004 Device 002: ID 058f:9254 Alcor Micro Corp. Hub
Bus 004 Device 003: ID 03f0:0104 Hewlett-Packard DeskJet 880c/970c
Bus 004 Device 004: ID 04a5:20b0 Acer Peripherals Inc. (BenQ Corp.?) S2W
3300U/4300U
Bus 004 Device 005: ID 6993:b001
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000

As you can see, it details my hub, printer, and scanner.  It also
mentions one other device (this is the phone) but gives me no details
about it.

Can anybody tell me how to set the USB phone up with Skype or Kphone
(through phonosip.com)? Or help me get the phone working?

--

Graham