[Klug-general] web editing woes

frank attwood frank_attwood at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 22 11:02:11 BST 2005

Well i've finally taken the plunge and installed a full linux desktop here
at work. I'm now running Mandriva 2005 with two screens and VMware with
Windows 2000 - to lessen the shock.
Surprisingly I've not gone into a lack of Photoshop induced coma, although
it is on the VM for when only Photoshop will do.
I even managed to got my Axim to synce to the VM - very useful

However the problems I do have would would like some advice on our

1 - Which WYSIWYG web editor do i use. I've tryed NVU, Screem and Quanta and
they all suck compared to Dreamweaver. I'm currently building a site using
Mambo CMS and ,not being able to hand code, Dreamweaver is paying for itself
daily. None of the ones i've tryed seem to like PHP

2 - I've got Evolution hooked upto my exchange server fine. However when
ever i try to edit any of the shared calenders it locks up. Does anyone have
a solution for this?

3 - Is there a way to pipe hotmail into Evolution or some other mail program
or is this really impossible?

4 - why on earth does my system tray panel insist on going wonky and putting
loads of space between the icons every so often so that I have to keep
scrolling it?

Dan