[Klug-general] Hotwayd (was web editing woes)

Graham gct3 at f2s.com
Fri Jul 22 21:04:29 BST 2005

On Friday 22 July 2005 11:46, Karl Lattimer wrote:

> > Actually I used to use hotwayd along with fetchmail
> > http://hotwayd.sourceforge.net/news.php haven't used it recently
> > though as I've long since killed my hotmail account.
>
> Wow!, someone wrote it! That was quick, should i now pursue them
> through the courts at swift pace to retrieve the intellectual
> property that is mine.

Hotwayd is really good IF you've got an old hotmail.com account.  I use
hotmail when I want to give out an address that Windows users I'm not
too sure about can contact me (web sites etc).  Hotwayd works well to
download my hotmail.com stuff.

However, my Windows using girlfriend has set up both a hotmail.com and a
hotmail.co.uk account and she cannot use Hotwayd to download her mail.

I can download stuff in both KMail and Sylpheed; she can download
nothing from hotmail in either.  When we tried her settings in
Thunderbird, a message flagged up that she has to pay to be able to
download hotmail messages into an MUA.

Incidentally, I have been using Hotwayd for at least three years, so its
not new.

Interestingly, we CAN get Gotmail to connect with my girlfriend's
hotmail account but (again) can't download anything...
--

Graham