[Klug-general] web editing woes

Athon Solo athon at athon.me.uk
Fri Jul 22 23:14:52 BST 2005

You can run Dreamweaver up to DW MX (6.1) under Crossover Office, or if
you're feeling a little more adventurous, Wine. I do this for the
templating system (One day I'll get round to writing a commandline /
script based replacement, since I haven't been able to find one ready-made)

I can wholeheartedly advocate learning to code by hand - it makes life
much easier IMHO. And IMO nothing does CSS better than my own hands for
me (plus Firefox and the DOM Inspector - good god what I wouldn't give
for one of those in IE so I can see exactly why it isn't doing what I
expect).

Zend Studio is an extremely capable PHP editor, with excellent functions
such as Code Analyzer which spots my mistakes way better than I do.
Unfortunately I've decied not to renew my subs because I'm not convinced
  that they're developing its feature set in a user orientated way
(we're still missing code folding, which has been on the request list
sinc it first came out as far as I can tell)

I'm currently looking at a replacement - likely a free one since I'm
going to be loooking a lot more at other languages like Java and C++
while at Uni (< 2 months to go! =o )

anyone making the leap from Windows to Linux IMO.

Allen