[Klug-general] Re: Cups - Admin Password

Ritchie Fraser ritchie at rpfraser.uklinux.net
Thu Jun 23 07:26:00 BST 2005

On Thursday 23 June 2005 06:50, you wrote:
> Ritchie Fraser wrote:
> > On Thursday 23 June 2005 00:38, Ritchie Fraser wrote:
> >>All,
> >>
> >>I'm afraid I've been a numb-nuts and forgotten my admin password to allow
> >>me to administer CUPS locally. How can I reset this? Which User does CUPS
> >>use (is it lp?).
> >>
> >>I am trying to add/configure a printer via the CUPS web interface and it
> >> is requesting a username and password. I've supplied all of the
> >> combinations of root / lp and possible passwords and still cant gain
> >> access. This is really frustrating, I knew the username/passsword just a
> >> couple of weeks ago and now I seem to have forgot it.
> >>
> >>All pointers, hints or just instruction IS appreciated.
> >>
> >>Yours
> >>
> >>Ritchie
> >
> > What a womble I'm being just lately. Forgot to say: HP compaq nc6000
> > laptop, 256Mb Memory, 30Gb HDD, SuSE 9.1
> >
> > Old age and failing memory is racing upon my already feeble braincell ;-)
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Ritchie
>
> I've never used SuSE, so things may be different, but for
> Mandrake/Mandriva all Cups admin is done by root - so the username is
> root and the password is the root password. Have you tried that
> combination?

Yes, and I can still do stuff as root like logging in etc... :-(

Thanks for the reply anyway!

Ritchie

--
		Safety Tips for the Post-Nuclear Existence
		  Tip #1: How to tell when you are dead.

(1) Little things start bothering you: little things like worms, bugs,
    ants.
(2) Something is missing in your personal relationships.
(3) Your dog becomes overly affectionate.
(4) You have a hard time getting a waiter.
(5) Exotic birds flock around you.
(6) People ignore you at parties.
(7) You have a hard time getting up in the morning.
(8) You no longer get off on cocaine.