[Klug-general] Why no USB (camera)

Kevin Groves kgroves at ksoft-creative-projects.co.uk
Wed Mar 9 18:51:39 GMT 2005

Peter wrote:

> I use two computers with Fedora Core 3 installed including the latest
> updates. On one I plug the camera in , mount it  and there's the
> pictures. On the other nothing happens. I've reloaded  Fedora. The
> camera is recognised in Knoppix and Windows 98. It is just FC3 on one
> computer where it doesn't work.
>
> 'Kudzu -p' finds the camera but for some reason the 'usb-storage'
> module doesn't load. Other USB devices work fine.

What's the camera makes?

Some use a different method of connection. The method escapes me now -
beings with a 'J' I think. In any case I think most distros will
problably use gphoto2 software for the connection so you need to check
that your camera is a supported one (type: gphoto2 --list-cameras).

Kev,