[Klug-general] Linux for Excluded Youngsters

Laurence Southon laurence at southon.uk.net
Sun Oct 2 21:39:23 BST 2005

Sue Casely wrote:

> She would like to set up a centre for kids excluded from school.  She
> would like to ask businesses to donate old PC equipment and teach the
> kids to rebuild them into linux based working computers, initially for
> gaming.

Subject to finding out more about the project, you can count my business
in for one PC.

Are you aware that computer equipment is now classified as hazardous
waste, so for a business to dispose of it properly is now both a hassle
and expensive? You might find you get a good response from businesses if
you are offering a "free" disposal service.

http://www.kent.gov.uk/sp/waronwaste/home.html

might be a place to advertise.

Regards,

Laurence Southon