[Klug-general] cron spookiness!

Alex A. Smith MCP alex at asmhosting.com
Sat Oct 29 10:42:11 BST 2005

Hi,

The main bittorrent needs to have a display to attach to as it shows the
stats and stuff else it'll die on you (Hence the Runtime Error). There
is a Bittorrent called btdownloadheadless.py (its in
/usr/bin/btdownloadheadless.py on my gentoo box) that doesn't need to
have a screen to attach to and will run quite happy in the background
for you but it may not be on your machine.

If its not you could use "screen" to make a virtual screen for it to use
(screen /usr/bin/bittorrent) which you'd be able to look at yourself
using screen -r on ssh if you felt so inclined.

For screen theres a cool little guide over on the Gentoo-Wiki that
should help - http://gentoo-wiki.com/TIP_Using_screen

Hope that helps,

Alex A. Smith MCP
ASMHosting.com Owner