[Klug-general] Re: Kent Digest, Vol 42, Issue 2

Stuart Brand stuart at stuartbrand.co.uk
Sat Oct 29 13:40:11 BST 2005

Secondary or Primary?

Jo

It is for either, It is not based on any mainstream distribution, but
was made from the ground up.
I have installed the complete KDE suit and configured java, kmplayer
and flash so it should be compatible with every file format there is.

The real advantage is the combination of ltsp, this enables booting
from the network with out the need for any local drives, this will
reduce cost for computers and electricity, it also includes apache2,
proftp, mysql, imap server with squirrel mail, an anti virus and lots
lots more.

I have also designed a web based interface for easy administration with
all point and click for adding and removing student and teachers, I
know this is starting to sound like an advert but I am not the best at
marketing :(

So if any one knows of a school in kent that could benefit from this,
please let me know, I plan to install it free and charge for support,
but for the first school I will include support for free.

Thanks all

Stuart Brand