[Klug-general] the KLUG roadshow

Athon Solo athon at athon.me.uk
Tue Sep 13 11:40:42 BST 2005

Hi,

The aim would be to do both. Growth of KLUG would be excellent, and
ensure the future of the group, but at the same time we can't neglect
the existing membership.

Looking back at the original thread (Crisis Meeting), part of the
original idea of having a "Roadshow" was so that the variations in venue
    would mean that everyone would get a chance to come. One month (or
however frequent it becomes) it could be in the North of Kent, allowing
"Northerners" to make it and the next in the South.

One of the biggest problems in finding a venue, and I came across this a
few years back when I looked at organising a small (~10-20 people) LAN
gaming event is power. Many places just don't have the power
infrastructure to support 10 - 20 PCs running at the same time. There's
also issues of insurance that some venues worry about.

My main concern for the group would be that if meetings don't restart
soonish, it could mean that the existing members drift away and the
membership has to be restarted from scratch.

Allen