[Klug-general] Moving MYsql data stores

dan attwod danattwood at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 18 13:01:27 BST 2006

Hello does anyone konw how shift a MYsql data store from one lace to
another?
I've installed MYsql via synaptic. However I want the data to be in
/opt/mysql/ and not the default /var/lib/mysql.

I Tried compiling from source with the data directory flag but it just hung
I then tried picking up the data file and  moving it to the new directory.
However it won't then let me reset the permissions on the moved folders
(chown refused to work) and it also wouldn't copy mysql.sock.

I'm doing all this in PClinuxos by the way

Dan