[Klug-general] Shiny New Laptop

Paul Littlefield paul.littlefield at bigfoot.com
Wed Apr 19 10:24:49 BST 2006

Hi All

I have a shiny new Fujitsu Siemens Lifebook P7120 laptop which is just dying to have Windows taken off it.

(nope, could not find anyone willing to sell me one without windows <sigh>)

Apart from the fact that it has every conceivable communication device (network, usb, firewire, modem, bluetooth, pcmcia, serial, wireless!) it just looks completely gorgeous.

http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=Fujitsu+P7120

It will be fun getting Gentoo Linux on there, and ofcourse I will be making copious notes as I go...

:-)

--
PAULLY
http://www.littlefield.info

PS: have just updated the web site with USB-to-Serial Modem notes and 'how to get your PDA talking with Linux without a mouse'... enjoy!