[Klug-general] Shiny New Laptop

Karl Lattimer karl at nncc.info
Wed Apr 19 11:48:42 BST 2006

> It will be fun getting Gentoo Linux on there, and ofcourse I will be making copious notes as I go...

You sure you wanna stress the processor with that much compiling, I
honestly can't see the point of gentoo myself. Its too hackish to be
useful IMHO, ubuntu, suse and fedora are much more popular because they
don't take 2 days to install properly.

But hey, if you wanna go down that route, then its your choice.

BTW: I think my laptop looks better ;)

http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=powerbook+12&hl=en&btnG=Search
+Images

and its made of metal, the OS is brilliant, XiNU (X is Not Unix) kernel
and system.ui are very well designed, shame its not as fast as Xgl but I
have my desktop for that so I don't mind.

K,