[Klug-general] Shiny New Laptop

Paul Littlefield paul.littlefield at bigfoot.com
Thu Apr 20 15:00:57 BST 2006

On Thursday 20 Apr 2006 14:13, dan attwod wrote:
> And lets stop the gentoo bashing.

Calm down people!

Blimey... I only mentioned Gentoo because I know it's gonna be "interesting" getting all the whizzy features on my new laptop working using that particular distribution - which is why I like writing everything down and then putting it on my web site so that anyone who's remotely interested or having a problem can read it.

I know getting something new working like Wireless Networking is great with SUSE or Mandriva (which is why that distro is on my old Fujitsu Lifebook B110) because I wanted to find out whether _any_ linux would get my Belkin PCMCIA card fired up!

Now that I know it's possible I will do it the "Gentoo" way with my new shiny laptop...

...hey, I am more surprised nobody's mentioned about the rediculous amount of money the thing cost (when I could have got a DELL for £300!)

:-)

PAULLY
http://www.littlefield.info/linux