[Klug-general] Shiny New Laptop

Karl Lattimer karl at nncc.info
Fri Apr 21 15:28:28 BST 2006

On Fri, 2006-04-21 at 15:16 +0100, Kevin Groves wrote:
> For further comparison of issues rasied in this thread pay a visit the
> the test forum site at http://www.ksoft-creative-projects.co.uk/forum
> where I've put a few links to places in the 'Web Links' section.

Have you thought about a wiki rather than a forum, in my experience
forums fall into disrepair after a while, people stop using them or
don't even start sometimes.

And "(mailing list - durability) ~= forum" but with list archives you
get some durability at least.

A wiki has the advantage of being editable by the community widely and
moderated in order to ensure the information remains useful.

I love wiki, I think its the best thing to happen to the internet,
creating a knowledge archive means that discussions which happen on the
list get transposed into wiki articles which you don't have to trawl
through to get to what you're looking for, wiki makes sense in that
nicely formatted articles have more impact than forum threads which
discuss the same solutions and issues.

Just a suggestion, maybe my love of wiki is wrong in some way, even
though I know about the problems that can happen like political editing,
bias and incorrect statements. I still find it useful even though it has
its problems.

K,