[Klug-general] Shiny New Laptop

Stuart Buckland stuart at nightime.org.uk
Fri Apr 21 16:05:17 BST 2006

On Fri, 2006-04-21 at 14:53 +0100, Karl Lattimer wrote:

<snip>

> Before you make sweeping statements about something you don't know much
> about followed by a "Duhhhhhhh", make sure you're correct of your facts.
> Fedora probably the most stable and well managed distribution out there.

On the flip side you also have to accept FC and more specifically RH
have their flaws.  Unfortunately all the testing, packaging and
bastardisation that makes RH a sensible choice for servers also leads to
incompatibilities with non-RH supplied software.

> The fact that it is more server orientated than say SuSE or ubuntu means
> that fewer desktop users use it, but it still has a solid base, the
> oldest linux distribution!

Wow! I didn't realise RH was the oldest distro.  I honestly didn't know
what was but if I had to guess I would have said slack.  I started using
Linux with Slackware '96 which I think was around the RH4 days but my
memory isn't that good anymore :)

Stu

--
Stuart Buckland <stuart at nightime.org.uk>